Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) ride hailing. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
The Chief Product Officer (CPO) is responsible for Product, Technology, Marketing, Growth, Strategy, and Innovation. The CPO will be charged to transform the business from a single functional App into a Super App.
The CPO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CPO will execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap of becoming a Super App.
- Oversee the strategy and planning for the entire product lifecycle including gathering and prioritizing product requirements, determining the product roadmap, and setting strategic priorities.
- Lead a cross-functional team including Product Managers that becomes the center point for all product development decision making and ownership - from strategy to execution
- Responsible for business results around product, technology, innovation, strategy, and growth
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new and existing initiatives using data; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results.
- Work closely with the CTO and engineering leads to understand technical feasibility, direction, and costs, and to establish the Product team as a critical component of the development workflow.
- Build and develop a talented team that understands our customers and delivers products that exceed their expectations and can scale to millions of users per minute.
- 8-10 years of analytical, operational and/or management consulting experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Customer obsession. To help deliver a flawless and delightful customer booking journey for our customers.
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritization and development.