JOB TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for managing deployments, setting up and maintaining on server infrastructures. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Making sure all environments are secure and meets the needs of the project
- Automating deployment of applications, system configurations and security settings
- Build and maintain operational tools for monitoring, notifications, trending and analysis of infrastructure.
- Must reside in Lagos
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience leading a team
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Ability to identify and define requirements for an AWS-based application.
- Strong Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, Beanstalk, VPC, S3. ELB, CloudFormation and CloudWatch.
- Ability to build high performance real time applications and robust APIs in an agile environment
- Knowledge of source control and versioning using git.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Strong experience with configuring and maintaining MongoDB on AWS
- Automated testing including unit, integration, API, and end-to-end testing
- Ability to review architecture, design, and code to ensure adherence to vision, standards, and quality
- Ability to build and innovate tools or automation to replace operating manual processes, deployment, and operational tasks
- Strong familiarity with UNIX development environments
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Experience with containerization practices (Docker, AWS ECS, and related infrastructure)
- Flexible working hours
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of our business team; you’ll shape the direction of the company and redefine the face of the Nigerian transport industry
- Amazing corporate culture and un-arguably the best place to work in Nigeria
- Opportunity to join the next unicorn on the African continent